Thursday, November 11, 2004

Early Morning Musings

Sometimes the mornings be a drag. I sit here listening to The Weasel wheeze and whistle (she has a cold) like one of those breathing machine thingys on hospital TV shows that sits next to the bed playing it's sad song like a broken accordion while the seemingly comatose patient dozes to the sound of blips and beeps in the background. I'm just prying to some undecided god that she stays asleep.

At least she goes down well at night.

The wife and I started watching TV again for the first time in a month or so. After the baby goes down we sit on the couch and settle in for a wholesome dose what ever the reality TV driven airways has to offer. Last night we watched The West Wing. This used to be one of our favorites, witty dialogue tossed back and forth with the expertise of an Olympic badmitton, gold medal match. Last night we turned it off after 45 minutes and hit the sack. Had no clue what was going on anyways. Shows writing seems to have gone down the crapper anyhow.

So I'm just hoping the little one makes it till 7:15 before the day form hell begins. Here is the breakdown. Leave for work around 7:30 and slave till 3:00, after work meeting 3:15-4:30, drive to other work and get home around 9:15. Toughest day of the week by far. I already miss the family just thinking about it.

Too bummed to write more.

No comments: