Ahh child development! She has recently discovered the art of rolling over. Usually this is a moment of extreme happiness and satisfaction for parents; knowing that your baby is developmentally normal and hopefully will be moving out of the house some day and living on their own. For us it's all that and more. You see, Wiley coyote baby practices her roll all of the time: on the floor, in her crib (night and day) in our laps, in her stroller, in the tub (yikes), while eating. If she could walk I think she would prefer to do somersaults! She wants to roll so bad that she grunts and cries in her often vain attempts to get over from her back to her stomach. She fusses, groans, growls and whimpers until she eventually gets over or I take pity on her and give her a little push. Now you would think she would take a moment and bask in her recent glory. BUT NO! She almost immediately starts fussing, sometimes screaming, arms out like a little Cessna ready for take off. You see, thanks to some great marketing on the part of the folks at SIDS the little howler doesn't dig being on her belly when she is sleepy. Sure we put her on her belly each day multiple times and she does just fine, but unsupervised during sleep time, watch out! I mean I understand the motivation behind the theory and all but it still sucks that she won't chill out when she get's there on her own. (Note: I’m not saying babies should sleep on their faces. That’s just plain crazy talk!)
Don't worry folks I’ve come up with a solution!
I'm building a half pipe in her crib! It makes perfect sense. If I put her on her back in the middle of the ramp she can roll onto her belly in both direction and (thank you Newton) gravity will alleviate the problem.
I know the genius genes have all been transfer from me to her so someday she will be devising inventions to change my diapers and keep me in the yard lest I wander off in my old age. Until then little one, sweet dreams and happy rolling!
No comments:
Post a Comment