Saturday, March 19, 2005

Ex---f%@#ing---austing

DSC_0036Around our house exhaustion is a four letter word and seeing as we're a group that curse like sailors in a squall, it's the topic of frequent discussion. The "Bub" is now 7 and a half months old and has decided to cram every developmental milestone into a months span. She is crawling around like a newborn turtle on a sandy beach racing towards the object of her desire with her newfound awkward ambulature. Every day we debate weather or not she is growing some chompers. I swear we will come in some morning to find her sitting up in her crib with a full set of teeth grinning from ear to ear like the Cheshire cat. She is developing an upper body physique of a pro wrestler on steroids due to all of the pull ups she is doing; pull up on the laundry basket, pull up on the side of the tub, pull up on my leg, pull up on the dog (this one never goes over very well). I expect that she will be walking soon at which point I can fulfill all on my parental fantasies by assigning her all of the chores I detest and sit back with my coffee or beer and grow old and fat with a smile on my face.

Unfortunately I think we are in for a long haul. For the wife, and on rare occasion myself, 4:00am is not a respectable wake up time. With all of the tasks ahead of us in any given day we find ourselves dragging our carcasses to bed after a thrilling episode of Americas Next Top Model at around 8:30.

Interestingly enough I used to be a morning person, cheery, happy, and hard working. Theses days I feel like I'm dragging around a 50 pound prehensile tail only to look back and see that it is my ass scraping dog hair off of the hardwood floors.

So as you can probably guess we are looking forward to daylights savings and one more excuse to throw off the little ones sleep patterns, because hey what fun would life be if you were awake for all of it?

No comments: